Kowa 77mm Straight Spotting Scope XD Lens without Eyepiece [KWTSN-774]
The Kowa TSN-774 77mm/ 3" Straight Spotting Scope is a scope of world-class caliber that redefines the standards of color brilliance, detail sharpness and edge-to-edge brightness. Logically tailored to the most demanding outdoor enthusiast, every technical and ergonomic detail that went into the development of the TSN-770 & 880 series spotting scopes has been examined, perfected or completely reinvented.
This version uses an element of XD (extra-low dispersion) glass in its construction which greatly minimizes chromatic aberration. This greatly enhances the clarity for crystal-clear images and high color accuracy. Use of Kowa's patented C3 multi-coated optics has made it possible to increase image brightness significantly over prior generation models. The advanced lens system of these scopes achieve minimal to zero chromatic aberration even at higher magnifications with consistent high image brightness. The housing is made of magnesium alloy that is designed for maximum durability and lightweight body construction. The result is a compact, ergonomic and functional design for the die-hard enthusiast that wants only the very best.
Kowa Spotting Scope Features
- XD-Lens: This lens has an outstanding optical performance and is easier to work with than fluorite crystal. When an XD lens (eXtra-low-Dispersion-lens) is paired with a concave lens with special dispersion properties, chromatic aberration is almost eliminated
- Compact: The telephoto lens design of using 5 lens elements in 4 groups has successfully shortened the overall length of the scope while keeping a large diameter objective lens without sacrificing optical performance
- Dual focus mechanism (Quick and fine focusing): The well established Kowa focus system has progressed to a new dual focus system. The quick focus, with a large and easy to turn knob, will focus from infinity to five meters in two revolutions
- Eyepiece locking mechanism: Kowa's standard eyepiece bayonet mount has been passed down to these new spotting scopes with a new attractive feature
- Magnesium alloy body: The magnesium alloy body made by a sophisticated molding process called thixotropic molding has the feel and strength of a traditional metal body with decreased weight when compared to other large-diameter scopes
- Prominar Lens: One of the major causes of deterioration of viewing quality in optics is chromatic aberration. Chromatic aberration occurs due to the dispersion of light and the different wavelengths of light focusing on different positions, resulting in a red or purple fringing around the image