These new EDG VR Fieldscope models are the world's first*1 Fieldscopes to incorporate a lens-shift type VR function. The vibration reduction algorithm, based on Nikon's sophisticated VR mechanism used in NIKKOR VR lenses, has been optimised for these scopes.
The VR function accurately compensates for external vibrations caused by wind and operations such as focusing, panning and tilting. It makes composition easy by reducing vibrations to approximately 1/8*² of the image blur caused by vibrations during normal observation. This also enhances focusing accuracy even when manual focus is used during super-telephoto digiscoping. The system provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed approximately two stops*² faster and is especially effective when digiscoping in bad conditions such as windy weather.
The EDG VR Fieldscopes also benefit from the use of Nikon’s performance-proven Nikon’s ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass that assures natural colour reproduction and crisp clarity. Straight models, in addition, feature dielectric high-reflectivity multilayer prism coatings for higher reflection rate and contrast than ever.
Review our Cheap online store special warehouse sale price with Australia Warranty for Nikon EDG Fieldscope 85 Angled VR Spotting Scope
- The world's first fieldscopes featuring Nikon's lens-shift type VR (Vibration Reduction) system (as of October 2011)
- It reduces vibrations to approximately 1/8*² during observation, providing the equivalent of a shutter speed approximately two stops*2 faster in digiscoping
- Easy VR operation; after turning the VR lock knob, pressing the VR button once activates the function
- VR function turns off automatically approx. 30 minutes after turning VR on (Auto power off function)
- Readily available AA-size batteries are usedExt
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass for chromatic aberration compensation and brighter, clearer viewing
- Phase-correction-coated roof prism for high resolution
- Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating on roof prism for the brightest view (straight model only)
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated for the brightest images
- Waterproof (up to 2 m/6.6 ft. for 10 minutes)*³ and fog-free with nitrogen gas (body/eyepiece joint and body/battery holder joint are water-resistant*⁴)
- Stylish design
- Three tripod mount screw holes provided for flexible mounting; optimum balance achieved through CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
- Seven eyepieces exclusively for EDG Fieldscopes are optionally available
- Built-in sliding hood protects objective lens