The WT-4 is a high performance Wireless Transmitter for specified Nikon digital SLRs. It supports wired LAN (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX) and wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g, 11a), and enables the creation of multiple camera networks with remote image browsing and download capability. The stand-alone unit can be worn on the waist and enhances the photographer’s ability to shoot without interruption. Remote control of the camera settings and LiveView output is possible with a computer on which Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 software is installed. The WT-4 is powered by a specified Nikon battery, or AC adapter.
The Nikon WT-4 Wireless Transmitter Unit, when connected with the D3 or D300, permits image transfer to a computer connected wirelessly or using Ethernet cable, or to an FTP server. Wireless printing is also made possible via computer. Furthermore, the newly added Thumbnail Select mode realizes wireless transfer of images to a computer taken with several cameras connected to the WT-4.
Nikon digital SLR D3/D300
One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3e (optional) or AC Adapter EH-6 (optional)
OS (when connected with a computer):
32-bit Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/ Enterprise/Ultimate, Windows XP Professional/Home Edition (SP1 or later, SP2 recommended, pre-installed models), Mac OS X (Ver. 10.3.9, 10.4, PowerPC G4/G5 CPU, models with Intel processor).
OS (when connected with an FTP server):
Operation guaranteed OS*1: Windows Vista/Ultimate/Business/ Enterprise, Windows XP Professional, Mac OS X（Ver. 10.3.9, 10.4).
Transfer equipment (when wireless LAN is used):
Wireless LAN adapter equipped with a computer or externally connected, or wireless LAN access point (complaint with IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g or IEEE 802.11a).
Transfer equipment (when Ethernet is used):
- Ethernet port equipped with a computer or externally connected (compliant with 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T)
- Compatible Ethernet cable (compliant with 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T)
- Supplied WT-4 Setup Utility software is required when setting information in a camera on computer or FTP server*2 to be connected
- Supplied thumbnail selector software is required when setting thumbnail select mode
- CD-ROM drive (used when installing WT-4 Setup Utility/thumbnail selector software)
- USB port*3 equipped with a computer and optional USB cable (used when setting information on a device to be connected using WT-4 Setup Utility)
*1 For the latest information on operation guaranteed OSs, refer to Nikon Website.
*2 When an FTP server is a connected device, information on the server can be set with a camera connected with the WT-4, without using the WT-4 Setup Utility software.
*3 Operation using USB hub is not guaranteed.