The Pentax 10x43 DCF ED Binoculars  has every imaginable feature needed for the most demanding viewer, such as fully multicoated glass, large phase-coated roof prisms, nitrogen purged metal-based housings, and water & dirt repelling coating.
Across the Pentax line of sport optics, and even binoculars as a whole, the 10x43 DCF ED Binocular stands out as a great entry. Part of Pentax's super-premium DCF ED series of extremely rugged roof prism units, it is blessed with pristine Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements. As good as Pentax's previous efforts were, such as the very fine DCF SP models, nothing works quite like ED glass when it comes to eliminating any trace of chromatic aberrations. The resolving power of the edge of your subject is impeccable, and the 10x43 DCF ED can hold detail in dark-colored birds or wildlife even when cast against a bleached, overcast sky.
- ED Glass elements render colors more accurately and provide sharper images
- Hybrid aspherical lens elements improve edge-to-edge sharpness
- Every piece of glass is given extensive full multicoating to maximize light transmissivity across the entire visible spectrum
- Eyepiece and objective elements hard coated with Pentax's water and dirt-repelling treatment
- Locking ±4 dioptric correction
- Magnesium-alloy body with protein-enhanced, hard-wearing rubber armor
- JIS Class 6 weatherproofing standard (tested to withstand bombardment from water jets at all angles)
- 58-74mm Interpupillary adjustment range
- Soft helicoid eyecups with 4 intermediary positions to suit any user
The PENTAX DCF ED binoculars combine Extra Low Dispersion glass elements, full reflection and phase coated prisims, hybrid aspherical lens elements and fully multi coated optics. Built to last with JIS Class 6 waterproof construction, DCF ED binoculars feature a durable magnesium alloy body and a hard coating to protect exposed lens elements.