This Pentax DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW Professional Telephoto Lens  is a super telephoto lens offering a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 859mm. This long reach lens has a maximum aperture of f/5.6 and features a 9 rounded diaphragm blade construction.
The optical construction of the lens includes a high-grade multi-layer HD coating on lens elements for sharp, clear imagery with reduced flare and ghosting due to internal reflections. The optical design mimics that of a telescope, and also includes two extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements to prevent chromatic aberration and maintain image clarity across the entire picture plane. A Super Protect (SP) coating is also applied for increased protection on the front element and for greater ease when cleaning.
A built-in DC driving motor promotes smooth auto focusing, which can also be deactivated using the Quick-Shift focus system to instantly switch between AF and MF modes. A built-in filter holder within the lens barrel permits the use of 40.5mm filters (a circular polarizer is included) for greater accessibility to a variety of filters. Additionally the white lens barrel helps to minimize heat haze within the barrel while a dust and weatherproof construction ensures proper functionality in poor shooting conditions.
- Super telephoto-length lens provides a 35mm equivalent focal length of 859mm.
- Telescope-type optical construction integrates two extra-low dispersion elements to help reduce chromatic aberration.
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating and SP (Super Protect) coating ensure image fidelity, reduce lens flare, and provide additional protection to the lens elements.
- AF driving motor (DC motor) produces smooth autofocus operation.
- Dustproof and weather-resistant design utilizes 29 special seals for increased protection when working in the elements.
- Built-in 40.5mm drop-in filter holder facilitates easier switching between filters.
- Autofocus system is compatible with K10D and later Pentax K-mount bodies (manual focus is supported on all K-mount Pentax DSLRs).
- Compatible with Pentax K-Mount
- ED Elements Reduce Chromatic Aberration
- Super Telephoto Lens
- Dustproof, Weather-resistant
- Filter Diameter: 112mm
- Insertion Filter: 40.5mm
- Designed for exclusive use with K-mount lens-interchangeable digital cameras
- High-grade multi-layer lens coating
- Telescope-type optics
Outstanding image rendition of distant subjects:
- When mounted on a Pentax K-mount lens-interchangeable digital camera body, this super-telephoto lens offers a focal length of approximately 859mm in the 35mm format
- Since its unique telescope-type optics requires fewer optical elements than conventional lens optics, it assures sharp, well-defined images, particularly with distant subjects
- Also by incorporating two ED (extra-low dispersion) optical elements, it delivers bright, high-resolution images even at the edges, while effectively minimizing chromatic
High-grade HD Coating:
- This lens is treated with HD Coating,* a high-grade multi-layer lens coating
- Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, this coating provides higher light transmittance with reduced reflection, to deliver sharp, clear images free of flare and ghost
- images, even under demanding lighting conditions such as backlight
- * HD stands for High Definition, and signifies the lens's capacity to reproduce images that excel in transparency, definition, resolution and rendition
Dustproof, weather-resistant construction:
- AW (All Weather) series: this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 29 special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of dust and water into the lens interior
- By coupling this lens with a dustproof, weather-resistant Pentax lens-interchangeable digital camera body such as the Pentax K-5 or Pentax K-30, the user is assured of a durable, reliable imaging system that performs superbly in demanding outdoor settings - even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray
Exterior design signifying HD series:
- The lens exterior has been painted an elegant white to minimize heat haze generated inside the lens barrel due to a blazing sun
- Featured in the middle of the lens barrel is a red anodized ring that serves as a distinct, radiant symbol of the HD Pentax lens series
- Strap lugs are made from machined aluminum to enhance its exclusive appearance
Easy control of circular polarizing filter:
- This lens comes with a built-in, removable filter holder in the barrel
- By mounting the C-PL (circular polarizing) filter (40.5mm in diameter; included as an exclusive accessory) to the holder, the user can easily obtain the desired polarizing effect simply by rotating the filter using its control ring
- Smooth autofocus operation using an AF driving motor (DC motor) installed in the lens barrel**
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the camera's AF system
- SP (Super Protect) coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease and easily wipe off dust and stain
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (out-of-focus rendition), while minimizing the streaking effect of point light source
- ** This lens is compatible with the K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-30, K-01, K-5, K-r, K-7, K-x, K-m, K20D, K200D, K100D Super and K10D camera bodies (with Ver. 1.30 or later firmware installed). When mounted on other camera bodies, the focus mode is automatically switched to manual.