Sigma AF 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For L-Mount
The flexible Sigma AF 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For L-Mount is a classic wide standard prime which photographers would not want to compromise on, it sports a maximum aperture of F2, and offers both compactness and high optical performance. This standard wide field of view is useful for a broad array of subject types, including landscape, street, and reportage shooting.
In terms of the optical design, three aspherical elements and one SLD element have been used to minimize a variety of aberrations and distortion for sharp and accurate rendering. Also, a Super Multi-Layer Coating helps to control ghosting and flare for improved colour fidelity and contrast.
For handling and focus, this lens features a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance that suits both photo and video applications. As an I Series lens, too, this lens features a manual aperture ring and all-metal barrel constriction for enhanced tactility. Additionally, there is a rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions. This all-new wide standard lens is designed for photographers who value the experience of taking a picture just as much as the quality of the results.
Key Features of the Sigma AF 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For L-Mount
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I Series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards of Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture strikes an ideal balance between speed and size and manages to maintain a compact physical profile while also offering low-light performance and depth of field control.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Included LCF58-01M magnetic lens cap attaches directly to the front of the lens and is compatible with the optional CH-11 Lens Cap Holder.
New standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line
The Sigma AF 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For L-Mount brings the highest level of optical performance at a maximum aperture of F2 to the table with a lens body of a size that is a perfect match for mirrorless systems. Thanks to cutting edge optical design and advanced processing technology, this lens offers consistent, high resolving power right across the frame.
Axial chromatic aberration, a point of particular concern with a bright lens, is corrected with SLD glass, while an optimal placement of high-refractive-index elements provides effective correction of various types of aberration while keeping the amount of glass used to a minimum.
The use of three high-precision glass-moulded aspherical lenses, which were made possible thanks to advanced production technology at the Aizu factory, SIGMA's only production site. These elements provide correction of spherical aberration and field curvature, and the fluctuation of aberration at the time of focusing. The lens design also provides a very good correction of sagittal coma aberration, making it capable of capturing details fine enough for it to be used for night sky photography.
I Series | Premium Compact Primes for Mirrorless Cameras
A new photographic experience, carefully thought through optics, advanced functionality and premium build quality with a focus on how photographers use and enjoy their lenses. From picking it up, the feel and in use - all have been carefully considered in Sigma's new I series lenses.
The SIGMA I series features full-frame compatible lenses that offer new value to mirrorless systems. The combination of superb optical performance with a level of compactness that is perfectly suited to smaller and lighter modern mirrorless cameras will bring you new opportunities for a perfect shot.
Identity | photographic partner
The SIGMA I series takes a fresh look at what a lens is and offers a new level of user experience by ensuring that the lens is of the highest quality in every respect.
All I series lenses employ a premium feel and are made entirely out of precision-cut metal, including the rings. The superior design and build is a manifestation of the belief that the quality of the physical structure of a lens is key to the experience using it.
- Premium precision-cut all-metal construction
- Made in Japan
Instinctive | intuitive user experience
For a tool used to create art, it is important that it can respond to the intuition of the creator. For instance, the Art line lenses have done this with their outstanding optical performance. The new I series will respond to photographers’ creative intuition by being something they can and want to, take with them everywhere they go. High performance and compactness ensure the Sigma AF 35mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens For L-Mount will always be on hand when that picture-perfect moment comes along, no matter what kind of scene that may be.
- The I series’ optical design uses state-of-the-art technologies, including a mirrorless-exclusive design that takes advantage of the short flange back distance and high-precision aspherical lenses.
Iconic | fresh design
Created not to just capture beautiful imagery the I series also satisfies other senses, especially the tactile and auditory. The substantial, solid feel of the all-metal body you get when you have it in your hand. The smooth and firm movement of the focus ring. The precise click of the aperture ring and switches. And the beautifully engineered custom hood.
- Lens body luxuriously constructed in durable machined metal, similar to Sigma Cine Lenses.
- Elaborately 'knurled' lens hood operation ring with individually cut grooves for slip resistance and premium looks.
- Alumite surface treatment on matted surfaces for a finish with unique gloss and texture.
- Extreme precision-matched connecting parts.
- Reassuring aperture ring with a well-defined 'click'.
- Precise, fluid-like, well-damped focusing ring with by-wire operation.
- Laser-engraved lens-markings
- Dedicated magnetic lens cap
- Metal lens hood with a special plastic bayonet for secure and smooth attachment plus intricately engraved interior light-shielding lines and exterior 'knurling'.