The Tokina AT-X 70-200 f/F4 PRO FX VCM-S Lens For Nikon [70200PROFXNIK] is a telephoto zoom lens designed for both FX and DX sensors and featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture.
Three Super-Low dispersion elements are incorporated within the optical design, which help to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range while also contributing to sharper imagery with maintained clarity. Multi-layered coatings have also been applied to lens surfaces to suppress lens flare and ghosting for contrast-rich, colour-neutral photographs.
A VCM (Vibration Correction Module) image stabilization system has been incorporated within the lens' design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to three stops to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and with longer focal length positions. Additionally, a ring-type ultrasonic AF motor is also utilized to deliver fast, precise, and quiet focusing performance that also permits manual fine tuning of the focus position. An internal focusing mechanism is also utilized to maintain the overall lens length during use.
- Telephoto zoom lens featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- For use on both FX- and DX-format DSLRs; on DX-format sensors the 35mm-equivalent focal length range will be 105-300mm.
- Three Super-Low dispersion glass elements have been incorporated within the lens' design to minimize chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range and to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity.
- Multi-layer lens coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color fidelity.
- A VCM image stabilization system provides up to three stops of reduction in the appearance of camera shake to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A ring-type ultrasonic AF motor provides fast, precise, and near-silent focusing performance.
- AF motor permits fast changing to manual focus for minute adjustment over focus position.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens form factor during operation.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality, benefitting the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
The new Tokina AT-X 70-200mm F/4 PRO FX VCM-S lens featuring a new Vibration Correction Module and ring-shaped ultrasonic style auto-focus motor. This lens is designed for digital cameras with full sized sensors as well as APS-C (DX) sensors.
The Tokina AT-X 70-200 F4 PRO FX VCM-S Lens For Nikon is the first lens with Tokina's new proprietary VCM (Vibration Correction Module). This technology allows for up to 3 stops of vibration correction* to reduce the affect of camera shake in situations were a tripod or monopod cannot be used.
Additionally the new 70-200 Lens features a complete ring-shaped ultrasonic motor for faster and quieter auto-focus. This new motor allows for the minute adjustments between AF and manual focus modes dramatically increasing operability. The “S” denotes the new ultrasonic motor.
The optical design of this lens has 3 SD (FK01) Super-low Dispersion glass elements to correct for chromatic aberration and maintain heightened optical quality throughout the zoom range.
Tokina's announcement of the AT-X 70-200 lens expands the lens lineup to include a compact high-performance telephoto zoom lens that has great portability in a professional caliber telephoto lens.
- Nikon F-Mount
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- For FX or DX DSLR Cameras
- 105-300mm (35mm Equivalent on DX Format)
- Three Super-Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Coated Optics
- VCM Image Stabilization
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic AF Motor
- Internal Focusing Mechanism
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm