Velbon UT-63D With QHD-63D Head
How compact can a tripod be when folded up?
The UT Series is the answer that represents the maximum pursuit of all design possibilities. The legs consist of 6 sections, meaning that the length of each leg is shorter
Legs can be folded by reversing 180º, giving the UT Series tripod the form of an acrobat. Capable of being opened to eye-level height, making this tripod ideal
as a travel companion.
The expansion ratio ‒ the relation between the size when folded and maximum expansion ‒ is an astonishing 5x.
While the UT tripod is normally used with a ball head, a version with a 3-way pan-and-tilt head is also available.
Velbon's UT 63D tripod is the perfect companion for photographers looking for both flexibility and portability. This aluminum tripod's 6-section legs and center column are easily extendable to eye-level heights. Every section of the legs can be locked or unlocked with one simple twist of each leg's end tip. And the legs fold upward a full 180 degrees — spread them out flat for low-angle macro shots or close them up against the center column for an incredibly compact, easy-to-tote package.
This durable tripod's thick 30mm legs can support up to 11 pounds of gear. An included ball head and quick release plate provide smooth pan and tilt action as well as quick-as-a-flash setup and breakdown. With its light weight, rugged construction and compact carrying size, the UT 63D is a great tripod for serious shooters on the go.
- Quick release plate slides in and is locked automatically by shoe lever. Shoe lever can be further rotated for extra-sure locking.
- Rotate center column nut right or left to adjust height with desired extension. Twisting the nut further for extra-sure locking.
- Pull up the central leg adjuster to change the leg-locking position. Twist it right to make legs non-reversible. This allows leg angle to be changed to semi-low and full-low position for macro photography.
- Leg angles can be opened from standard 25° to 45° and then to 75° step by step on each leg. Leg angle positioned can be cancelled by pushing to right.
- By twisting the leg end tip in the anti-clockwise direction, all leg sections are loosened and can be collapsed. Twisting leg end tip in the clockwise direction locks all leg sections with one action.
- Make sure all legs are locked tightly before mounting the camera. Make sure all legs are locked tightly before mounting the camera.
*Caution: Take care when gripping Rubber Foot to avoid staining hands with mud etc. Avoid pinching fingers or hands between Rubber Foot and legs.