The Yukon Ranger 5x42 Digital Night Vision Monocular is a new device with a number of unique advantageous features that came as a result of modern technologies. Being quite different from the Gen.1 devices, Ranger 5x42 can surely compete with the Gen.2 in image sharpness and brightness. The device’s IR-illuminator operates in the remote field of the IR-range (940nm), invisible by the unaided eye and has a gradual power intensity adjustment function and memorization of a fixed emanation level. Ranger 5x42 is fully self-contained (powered with six AA batteries) but can also operate on external sources. With the adjustment wheel on the front panel one can choose the suitable brightness level of the display. For image broadcasting to the screen and video recording the device is equipped with a video out. For stationary prolonged observation and video recording it is advisable to mount the device on a standard tripod that uses ¼ inch mounting thread.
- Model: 28041
- With Australian Warranty
The Ranger is equipped with two independent built-in IR illuminators. One of them functions continuously and is designed for observation under ideal night viewing conditions of a 1/4 moon. The other high-powered IR illuminator is intended for observation of distant objects under low light conditions, including total darkness. The IR power of the latter can be smoothly adjusted and the IR light intensity level can be stored.
- Power Supply
- The Ranger can operate on external power sources such as vehicle's or stationary power grid (the device is equipped with a special output for that) or independently on AA batteries/accumulators.
- The 42mm objective lens is distinguished by improved frequency and contrast characteristics. The objective lens made of high-quality optical glass is fully multicoated.
- Brightness Adjustment Wheel
- In Ranger the image is shown on the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). Manual adjustment of LCD brightness is operated with the adjustment wheel.
- Video Recording
- The direct built-in video recording output enables image transmission as well as video recording on peripheral equipment (monitor etc.) while carrying out stationary or mobile observations.
- Stealthy operation with invisible IR illuminator
- Direct video recording output
- Higher magnification for better detail
- Improved resolution vs. starlight NV in the same category
- Image brightness comparable with Gen2
- Dual IR system
- The device cannot be damaged due to long-term exposure of bright lights